Respiratory Pathogen Screening Kits
EasyScreenTM Respiratory Pathogen Detection Kit
The rapid and accurate detection of respiratory pathogens is important. Potential advantages of specific pathogen detection include obtaining prognostic information, limiting additional testing, instituting appropriate infection control precautions and limiting unnecessary antibiotic usage1.
Molecular methods offer the advantages of rapidity and the ability to detect pathogens regardless of growth requirements or the availability of reagents for rapid diagnostic testing1.
ADVANTAGES OF THE EasyScreenTM RESPIRATORY PATHOGEN DETECTION KIT
- The Genetic Signatures EasyScreenTM Respiratory Pathogen Detection Kit (RP007-HT) has been designed to provide rapid and accurate detection of multiple respiratory pathogens.
- The kit uses multiplexed real-time PCR assays and is compatible with nucleic acids isolated using a compatible EasyScreenTM Sample Processing Kit.
- Compatible specimens include swabs (dry, or in UTM), sputum, bronchial washings, and Nasopharyngeal Aspirates.
- The kit also includes an Extraction Process Control (LEPC) in the reaction mix to determine the reliability of the extracted nucleic acids, and indicate the presence of any inhibitors after extraction from primary samples.
- The EasyScreenTM Respiratory Pathogen Detection Kit (RP007-HT) includes all reagents required to detect the specific viral and bacterial gene sequences using real-time PCR amplification of the nucleic acid and fluorogenic target-specific hybridisation probes for the detection of the amplified nucleic acid.
TARGETS OF THE EasyScreenTM RESPIRATORY PATHOGEN DETECTION KIT
|Detection Channel||Reaction Mix A||Reaction Mix B||Reaction Mix C||Reaction Mix D|
|Channel 1||Influenza A||Influenza B||Parainfluenza 1/3||B.pertussis/ B.parapertussis|
|Channel 2||Extraction Process Control||Extraction Process Control||Extraction Process Control||Extraction Control|
|Channel 3||Not used||RSV- A/B||Enterovirus||M.pneumoniae|
|Channel 4||Rhinovirus||Human Metapneumovirus||Parainfluenza 2||Adenovirus|
The EasyScreen™ Respiratory Pathogen Detection Kits are designed to be used in conjunction with EasyScreen™ Sample Processing Kits and include all reagents required for amplification of 500 reactions in a 96 or 384 well HT (High Throughput) format.
For more information about the EasyScreen™ Workflow and Compatibility with Nucleic Acid Extraction and Real-Time PCR platforms visit our EasyScreen™ Workflow page.
 Arens M, Buller R, Rankin A, et al 2010.Comparison of the Eragen Multi-Code Respiratory Virus Panel with Conventional Viral Testing and Real-Time Multiplex PCR Assays for Detection of Respiratory Viruses. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 48(7): 2387.