ESBL/CPO Screening Kits
EasyScreenTM ESBL/CPO Detection Kit
BL001 (100RXNS) & BL001-HT (500RXNS)
Beta-lactam antibiotics are the most commonly used antibiotics worldwide for the treatment of bacterial infections. Extended Spectrum Beta-Lactamase (ESBL) producing organisms hydrolyse cephalosporins, penicillins, and aztreonam, rendering them ineffective for the treatment of infected patients. Recently there have been reports of ESBL organisms expressing multiple drug resistance markers, making their treatment more challenging. ESBLs do not hydrolyse carbapenems, and thus carbapenems have become the first line choice in the treatment of ESBL infections. The emergence of carbapenem-resistant bacteria is a significant global concern in healthcare settings, as standard treatments may be rendered ineffective. Therefore, accurate and timely detection of ESBL and Carbapenemase Producing Organisms (CPO) will have a significant impact on patient management.
ADVANTAGES OF THE EasyScreenTM ESBL/CPO DETECTION KIT
- The Genetic Signatures EasyScreenTM ESBL/CPO Detection Kit (BL001 & BL001-HT) has been designed to provide rapid and accurate detection of 16 Beta-lactam and Carbapenem-resistant pathogen targets.
- Results can be reported within 4.5hrs or approximately 1hr depending on starting sample type.
- The kit uses multiplexed real-time PCR assays and is compatible with nucleic acids isolated using a compatible EasyScreenTM Sample Processing Kit.
- Compatible specimens include swabs and culture from patient specimens.
- The kit also includes an Extraction Control (EC) in the reaction mix to determine the reliability of the extracted nucleic acids and indicate the presence of any inhibitors after extraction from primary samples.
- The EasyScreenTM ESBL/CPO Detection Kit (BL001 or BL001-HT) includes all reagents required to detect the specific bacterial gene sequences using real-time PCR amplification of the nucleic acid and fluorogenic target-specific hybridisation probes for the detection of the amplified nucleic acid.
TARGETS OF THE EasyScreenTM ESBL/CPO DETECTION KIT
|Detection Channel||Reaction Mix A||Reaction Mix B||Reaction Mix C||Reaction Mix D||Reaction Mix E||Reaction Mix F|
|Channel 1||TEM||GES||OXA-48 like||MCR-1||VIM||CMY|
|Channel 2||Extraction Control (EC)||Extraction Control (EC)||Extraction Control (EC)||Extraction Control (EC)||Extraction Control (EC)||Extraction Control (EC)|
|Channel 3||CTX-M||KPC||OXA-23 like||DHA||IMI||IMP|
|Channel 4||Not used||NDM||SHV||OXA-51 like||SME||Not used|
The EasyScreen™ ESBL/CPO Detection Kits are designed to be used in conjunction with EasyScreen™ Sample Processing Kits and include all reagents required for amplification of 100 reactions (96 well format) or 500 reactions in a 384 well HT (High Throughput) format.
For more information about the EasyScreen™ Workflow and Compatibility with Nucleic Acid Extraction and Real-Time PCR platforms visit our EasyScreen™ Workflow page.